25th Annual South Miami Hospital Harry Kapp Symposium - Cutting Edge Trends in Lung Health
It is now recognized that chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a heterogeneous disease with many systemic features. Cardiovascular, metabolic, musculoskeletal and psychological comorbidities contribute to the morbidity and mortality in all stages of the disease. The presence of comorbid conditions has important consequences for disease assessment and management. In addition to treatment of the structural and functional changes in the lungs, this symposium will address the need for clinical programs to assess and manage patients’ comorbidities, as well as appropriate disease management among different ethnicity groups.
Preregistration is required. Please log in to register.
Pulmonologists, family practice physicians, general internists, hospitalists, critical care medicine physicians, pathologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, occupational therapists, pharmacists, radiology technicians, respiratory therapists and other interested healthcare providers.
- Optimize lung cancer screening.
- Implement optimal treatment for incidental lung nodules.
- Discuss the different drugs available for pulmonary hypertension.
- Determine the best drug for the appropriate patient.
- Review the racial and ethnic disparities in asthma clinical presentation and severity of disease.
- Distinguish approaches to asthma management among different ethnic groups.
- Distinguish pulmonary arterial hypertension from other groups of pulmonary hypertension.
- Delineate diagnostic principles in PAH.
- Identify the differences between academic and community physicians in diagnosing idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Assess key clinical, radiologic and pathologic challenges in diagnosing IPF.
8:00 a.m. Registration
8:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
8:30 a.m. Pulmonary Hypertension-Resolving the conundrum of Medical Therapy
Javier Jimenez, M.D.
9:30 a.m. Pulmonary Hypertension, Disease with Multiple Facets
Franck Rahaghi, M.D.
10:30 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m. Indolent Lung Cancer: The Cancer that May not Be
Rodney Benjamin, M.D.
11:45 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. IPF Update: Diagnosis in the Community vs ILD Center
David Zisman, M.D.
13:30 p.m. Asthma in Hispanics
Veronica Palmero Gonzalez, M.D.
14:30 p.m. Q&A
15:00 p.m. Adjourn
Cleveland Clinic Florida
He will include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation or discussion.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 5.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 5.50 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 5.50 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 5.50 Florida Bureau of Radiation Control
- 5.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 5.50 General certificate of attendance
Please log in to register
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.