West Kendall Baptist Hospital - Florida International University Family Medicine Residency Faculty Development Series: Utilizing Emotional Intelligence in Resident Training - part 2
Research has shown that higher levels of emotional intelligence are associated with higher levels of empathy, communication, coping skills, teamwork, leadership skills, and ultimately patient care. Emotional intelligence is a competency requirement for entering residents. This course will provide an emotional intelligence framework to support resident training.
GME faculty including: Family Medicine Practitioners, Cardiologists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Surgeons, Hospitalists, Obstetricians/Gynecologists, Nephrologists, Hematologists/Oncologists, Infectious Disease Specialists, Gastroenterologists, Neurologists, ENTs, Ophthalmologists, Urologists, Pulmonologists, Critical Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Medical Students, Residents, Fellows and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Summarize the history of emotional intelligence and how it relates to the practice of medicine and patient outcomes.
- Implement evidence-based research that supports emotional intelligence as an educational tool for residency training.
- Apply emotional intelligence when measuring resident competencies in communication skills, awareness of patient needs, self-awareness and optimizing patient care as they relate to EPAs and ACGME competencies.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
Rodolfo Bonnin, Ph.D.
Director of Assessment and Evaluation
Office of Medical Education
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Florida International University
Rodolfo Bonnin, Ph.D., has indicated that he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that his discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.