Stroke Multidisciplinary Journal Club - June 9, 2016
South Miami Stroke Steering Committee members will formulate new optimal patient care strategies in stroke prevention and treatment by translating evidence into practice. The goals of the journal club are to keep abreast of new knowledge, promote awareness of current research findings, stay familiar with the best current clinical research, encourage research utilization, improve patient outcomes, and network and improve interpersonal relationships with other healthcare providers and specialists.
SMH Stroke Steering Committee, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Radiologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practioners, Nurses and Occupational Therapists.
Registration is limited to Medical Staff and Employees.
- Formulate new optimal patient care strategies in stroke prevention and treatment by translating evidence into practice.
- Apply research findings and implement American Heart Association (AHA) and The Joint Commission (TJC) recommendations to evaluate risk, identify best treatment options and limit the morbidity and mortality associated with stroke.
Javier Lopez, M.D.
Moderator, SMH Physician Stroke Steering Journal Club
Baptist and South Miami Hospitals
Javier Lopez, M.D. , Moderator, and Ann Karborani, MSN, RN, CCRN, SCRN, Coordinator, have indicated that they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that their discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.