SMH Inpatient Physicians Grand Rounds: Update in Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies in HIV Infected Patients: Bone Marrow Transplant vs CAR T Cell Therapy
Medical interventions in the management of HIV patients have improved treatment outcomes for this patient population. While treatment outcomes continue to improve, malignancies associated with HIV appear to be increasing. Join us to hear Dr. Marco Ruiz describe the etiology of hematologic malignancies in HIV patients and analyze refined evidence-based treatment options for HIV-associated hematologic malignancies.
Live meeting only. Please register for Zoom link.
South Miami Hospital Hospitalists, Physician Assistants, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Nurses, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Describe the etiology of hematologic malignancies in HIV-infected patients.
- Analyze refined treatment options for HIV-infected patients – revisiting bone marrow transplant and CART cell therapy – to determine the best course of treatment for these patients.
- Recognize the importance of utilizing the appropriate sequence in the treatment of HIV-associated hematologic malignancies.
Marco Ruiz, M.D., MPH, FACP, FIDS
Chief of HIV Oncology Associate Director of Bone Marrow Transplant
Miami Cancer Institute
Dr. Marco Ruiz, faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-684533, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists and Respiratory Therapists. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.