Plastic Surgery and Breast Reconstruction for Breast Cancer
This course provides an overview of available breast reconstruction surgical techniques so that you are prepared to answer any questions your patients with a recent breast cancer diagnosis may have about life after diagnosis. The key to optimal outcomes is to consider breast reconstruction early on in the surgical treatment planning process. Plastic surgeon Max L. Polo, M.D., will address these questions and best next-steps for your patients.
Family Medicine Physicians, Ob/Gyns, Internal Medicine Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Medical Students, Residents, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers and Laboratory Personnel.
- Explain patient selection criteria for available breast reconstruction procedures.
- Summarize the risks and benefits of available breast reconstruction procedures.
Max L. Polo, M.D.
Baptist, Doctors and South Miami Hospitals
Max L. Polo, M.D., indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.20 Florida Board of Laboratory Personnel
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.25 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.25 General certificate of attendance