Miami Cancer Institute Overview and Evolution of Surgical Therapy for Breast Cancer
Miami Cancer Institute Founding CEO Michael Zinner, M.D., FACS, provides an introduction to the Institute, discusses available services and gives an overview of the state-of-the-art cancer care now available in South Florida.
Review the evolution of the surgical treatment of breast cancer with surgical oncologist Robert DerHagopian, M.D., FACS, of Miami Cancer Institute.
Family Medicine Physicians, Ob/Gyns, Internal Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Medical Students and Residents.
- Explain the advanced cancer diagnostic and treatment technology available through Miami Cancer Institute (MCI), and recognize the increased opportunities for patient access to local research trials available from MCI’s partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering.
- Explain the range of surgical interventions used to stage and treat breast cancer to better discuss possible treatment interventions with newly diagnosed patients.
Michael J. Zinner, M.D., FACS
Founding CEO and Executive Medical Director
Miami Cancer Institute
Robert DerHagopian, M.D., FACS
Baptist Health Breast Center
Miami Cancer Institute
Baptist, Doctors, South Miami Hospitals, Baptist Medical Arts and Surgery Center and South Miami Medical Arts and Surgery Center
Michael J. Zinner, M.D., FACS, and Robert DerHagopian, M.D., have indicated that neither they nor their spouses/partners have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and they will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in their presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 0.50 General certificate of attendance