Medicare's Teaching Physician Billing Guidelines
This presentation outlines the documentation and billing requirements of teaching physicians for services rendered to patients by medical residents. Required levels of teaching physician supervision and sample verbiage for required teaching physician notes are discussed. Key areas of concern are addressed, as well as efficient solutions to avoid common problems.
Live webinar only. Please register for Zoom link.
Orthopedists, Team Physicians, Primary Care Physicians, Pediatricians, Physicians in Training, Physician Assistants, Athletic Trainers and other interested healthcare providers.
- Physicians will execute providing and documenting the appropriate level of participation/supervision for services performed by residents.
- Residents will implement fully documenting the specifics of the service including clinical scenario and management.
Healthcare Coding and Reimbursement Consultant
Healthcare Management Solutions
Seth Canterbury, faculty for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Other contributors involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, reselling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-704723, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.