MACRA – How you can prepare now?
CMS's Quality Payment Program goals are to improve quality and lower the per-capita growth in expenditures - an important component in revamping how care and services are paid for. Baptist Health is collaborating with the South Florida Hospital and Healthcare Association and the Dade County Medical Association to provide this information session to help physicians prepare for the implantation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). Come learn about the components of the Merit-based Payment System (MIPS), the role of ICD-10 coding on the cost component and steps to help physicians prepare for the implementation of MACRA.
- Identify the four components of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
- Recognize the role of ICD-10 coding on the cost component of CMS' Quality Payment Program and the correlation to clinical documentation.
- Implement steps to prepare for MIPS in 2017 and beyond.
Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC, CENTC
President and Senior Consultant
Acevedo Consulting Incorporated
Dania Beach, Florida
Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC, CENTC, has indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships and her discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 2.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.