Building Collaborative Leadership: Baptist Health Clinical Ethics Consultation Training Program - Futility
Nominated participants who are established or emerging medical staff leaders practicing in different specialties, as well as nurse managers and administrative executives with oversight of the healthcare service lines who are members of the Ethics Committee.
- Recognize and discuss futile treatment considering the individual patient’s goals and treatment preferences.
- Define and differentiate between brain death, persistent vegetative state and the minimal conscious state.
- Utilize approaches to effective conversations about end-of-life care with patients and families.
- Appropriately manage challenges and requirements for withholding or withdrawing care.
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN
Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
Baptist Hospital of Miami
Rose Allen, DNP, MSM/HM, R.N., CHPN, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner have relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentations or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.50 General certificate of attendance