South Miami Stroke Steering Committee members will formulate new optimal patient care strategies in stroke prevention and treatment by translating evidence into practice. The goals of the journal club are to keep abreast of new knowledge, promote awareness of current research findings, stay familiar with the best current clinical research, encourage research utilization, improve patient outcomes, and network and improve interpersonal relationships with other healthcare providers and specialists.
SMH Stroke Steering Committee, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Radiologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Occupational Therapists.
- Formulate new optimal patient care strategies in stroke prevention and treatment by translating evidence into practice.
- Apply research findings and implement American Heart Association (AHA) and The Joint Commission (TJC) recommendations to evaluate risk, identify best treatment options and limit the morbidity and mortality associated with stroke.
Faculty and Disclosure:
Javier Lopez, M.D.
Moderator, SMH Physician Stroke Steering Journal Club
Baptist and South Miami Hospitals
Javier Lopez, M.D. , Moderator, and Ann Karborani, MSN, RN, CCRN, SCRN, Coordinator, have indicated that they have no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that their discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance