Sleep disorders are highly prevalent in modern society, and it can affect both adults and children. If not treated, a sleep disorder can lead to chronic fatigue, disorientation and the inability to accomplish everyday tasks. This conference series focuses on screening, diagnosis and evidence-based practices for the management of sleep disorders.
Neurologists, Pulmonologists, Sleep Medicine Specialist, Family Medicine Physicians, General Surgeons, Cardiologists, Pediatricians, ENTs, Podiatrists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Sleep Technicians, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapists and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Implement evidence-based best practice parameters for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders commonly seen in clinical practice.
- Utilize screening techniques for early diagnosis of sleep disorders.
- Formulate treatment plans to include behavioral therapies when appropriate.
- Determine when to refer patients to appropriate specialists.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.00 American Association of Sleep Technologist