MCI Oncology Nursing Certification Review Course
This two-day course provides an overview of the six major content areas of the OCN test blueprint (2017) and successful strategies for preparing and taking the oncology nursing certification examination. The course is designed for nurses who are preparing to take the Oncology Nursing Certification examination, who need to earn continuing education credits toward recertification, or who would like a comprehensive review of basic oncology nursing.
|BHSF/MCI Employees||No Charge|
Oncology Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Radiology Technologists, Hematology Oncologists, Physician Assistants, Radiation Therapists, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, Patient Navigators and other interested healthcare providers.
- Describe the major elements of the OCN test blueprint and test-taking strategies.
- Describe the impact of the scientific basis and standards of oncology nursing practice to the care of patients with selected site-specific cancers.
- Apply the nursing process to the care of patients with cancer and their significant others across the cancer care continuum.
- Identify key elements of nursing care and safety for the patient receiving selected major treatment modalities for cancer.
- Apply the nursing process to the care of patients experiencing symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatment.
- Discuss nursing care of patients identified as high risk for selected oncologic emergencies.
- Select evidence-based nursing assessments and interventions for patients experiencing distressing psychosocial responses to cancer and cancer treatments.
Jane C. Clark, Ph.D., R.N., AOCN, OCN, GNP-C (Gerontology)
Oncology Nursing Consultant
Minesh P. Mehta, M.D., FASTRO
Deputy Director and
Chief of Radiation Oncology
Miami Cancer Institute
Dr. Jane C. Clark indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation(s) or discussion(s).
Minesh P. Mehta, M.D., has indicated that he has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies. He is a consultant for INSYS, Remedy, IBA, OncoCeutics, Astra-Zeneca and Monteris. He will not include off-label usage in any discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 13.75 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-636626, by the Florida Boards of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine and the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 13.5 credits for Nursing, Nurse Practitioners and Pharmacists. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.50 General certificate of attendance
- 13.50 Nurse Practitioners
- 13.50 Florida Board of Nursing
- 13.50 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 13.50 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.