Dental Oncology Conference Series – Oral Issues in Cancer Care: Oral Rehabilitation, Long Term Management and Challenged for the Head and Neck Cancer Patient – A Mayo Clinic Experience
What does survival look like? Oral issues in cancer care are often extremely impactful on a patient’s quality of life. Although beating the disease, these patients commonly experience numerous oral and craniofacial challenges for the remainder of their lives. This course explores a myriad of sequelae combinations that can occur, each unique to a patient’s specific disease location, extent and treatment modality. Types of oral rehabilitation, long-term management considerations, and strategies to support these patients will be the focus.
Primary Care Physicians, Dentists, Otolaryngologists, Gastroenterologists, Radiologists, Medical Oncologists, Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, Surgeons, Pathologists, Hospitalists and Nurses.
- Identify optimal treatment modalities for head and neck cancer therapy.
- Assess unique challenges in each patient’s treatment plan.
- Implement a treatment plan that explores oral rehabilitation modalities in both the short and long term.
Olivia Muller, DDS, FACP
Olivia Muller, DDS, indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-693309 , by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Dentistry, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add email@example.com to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.