Section 2: Patient Rights/Individual Needs
- Define the steps to advanced care planning.
- Name six key ethical principles and decision-making standards.
- Describe issues surrounding the futility debate.
- List common and basic traditions of different cultures.
- Identify emotions associated with end of life.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Psychological Association (APA) Accreditation Statement
Baptist Health South Florida is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baptist Health South Florida maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This conference is approved for 1.75 CE credits. This is an intermediate conference.
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 1.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC points.
Your participation information will be shared with the ACCME, which will in turn report your points to ABIM. Successful completion of a course examination is required to earn ABIM MOC points.
NOTE: ABIM MOC points will be submitted by the 15th of the month following completion.
- 1.75 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.75 ABIM MOC
- 1.75 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.75 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.75 American Psychological Association
- 1.75 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
- 1.75 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.75 General certificate of attendance