Autism Spectrum Disorder Conference, 17th Annual
Our increased ability to identify and diagnose children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) at ever earlier ages provides us with both an opportunity and a challenge. The last 20 years of research have demonstrated both methods for identifying ASD in even younger children, and also methods for improving outcomes of those children through specific early intervention practices. These advances now allow us the opportunity to begin intervention much earlier in life. Our challenge, however, is to design and adapt our interventions to very young children in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
Join Dr. Meaghan Parladé and Ms. Cecilia Alvarez-Tabio as they discuss Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Interventions for Children with ASD.
|Baptist Hospital - Auditorium|
Pediatricians, Neurologists, Family Practice Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Hospitalists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists
- Identify the key components of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and assess ways in which PCIT addresses behavioral challenges in children with ASD.
- Distinguish behavioral outcomes associated with PCIT for children with ASD and their parents.
- Describe the key components of Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Interventions (NDBIs) and analyze how it addresses behavioral and developmental skills in children with ASD.
- Assess the outcomes associated with NDBIs and identify a few models that can be applied to improve patient development.
- Introduce the Autism Adaptive Community-based Treatment to Improve Outcomes Using Navigators (ACTION) Network.
Meaghan V. Parladé, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist | PCIT International Level I Trainer
Clinical Supervisor, UM Autism Spectrum Assessment Clinic
Clinical Supervisor, UM Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Program
Coordinator of Intervention Services, UM-NSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
University of Miami, Department of Psychology
Cecilia Alvarez-Tabio, M.S., BCBA
Manager, Autism Intervention Services
University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (UM-NSU CARD)
Michael Alessandri, Ph.D.
Executive Director of the University of Miami-Nova Southeastern University Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (UM-NSU CARD)
Clinical Professor of Psychology and Pediatrics
Assistant Chairman, Department of Psychology for Community Outreach and Engagement
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Dr. Parladé indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation or discussions.
Ms. Alvarez-Tabio indicated that neither she nor her spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and she will include off-label or unapproved product usage in her presentation or discussions.
Dr. Alessandri indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussions.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 2 credit hours, CE Broker Course #20-735426, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Psychology (2 hours).
This activity has also been approved for 2 credits for Nursing, Nurse Practitioners. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
Pending additional approvals.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 General certificate of attendance
- 2.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 2.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 2.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 2.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 2.00 Florida Board of Psychology
- 2.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@BaptistHealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.