Antibiotic Stewardship: Our Patients Deserve It and Antibiotic Resistance - Multidrug Resistant Organisms
This course addresses the concept of antimicrobial stewardship as it relates to reducing antibiotic resistance to improve patient outcomes, reduce adverse events, improve the rates of antibiotic susceptibilities and optimize resources across the continuum of care.
Physicians, Podiatrists, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Laboratory Personnel and Nurse Practitioners.
- De-escalate antibiotic usage to optimize clinical outcomes while minimizing toxicity and the emergence of resistance.
- Rapidly adjust, change and/or discontinue antibiotic therapy based on clinical and microbiologic evidence and national standards.
- Recognize multidrug resistant organisms (MDROs) and their mechanisms of resistance.
- Identify the epidemiologically significant antimicrobial categories of MDROs.
Jorge Murillo, M.D., FIDSA, FACP
Infectious Disease Physician
Baptist, South Miami, Doctors, Homestead and West Kendall Baptist Hospitals
Associate Professor of Medicine, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Jorge Murillo, M.D., FIDSA, FACP, is on the speakers bureau for Merck, Astellas, Allergen and Gilead. Dr. Murillo will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Laboratory Personnel
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.