Accredited CME Programming: Best-Practice Approaches to Impact Learning and Healthcare Outcomes
Baptist Health’s CME Program is doctor-driven and supported by guidance from knowledgeable CME Leadership to maintain certain standards. When physician leaders follow evidence-based standards and established parameters for developing and delivering accredited CME, the CME program supports improvement in patient care, safety and outcomes. This course will provide clarification to support physician CME directors in planning accredited continuing medical education program activities.
CME Conference and Symposium Directors and Planners
Baptist Health Medical Staff Members and the Clinical and Administrative Leaders Responsible for Developing and Delivering Accredited Continuing Medical Education
- Explain how the system for accredited CME supports improvement in patient care, safety and outcomes.
- Effectively implement the roles and responsibilities of the physician director* in the planning, development and delivery of CME that is part of an accredited CME program. (*Includes: Conference and Symposium Directors, Planners, Coordinators, Planning Committees, etc.)
- Manage, avoid and/or resolve commonly misunderstood compliance issues that impact planning and development of accredited CME.
- Implement a strategy that allows physicians to earn Maintenance of Certification Credit when they complete an eligible CME course.
J. Arturo Fridman, M.D.
Medical Director, Continuing Medical Education Program
Baptist Health South Florida
Linda N. Santos, M.A.
Continuing Medical Education
Baptist Health South Florida
Marie Vital Acle, MPH, MCHES
Manager, Online Learning Program
It is the policy of Baptist Health South Florida to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all CME programming. Due to the non-clinical nature of the content discussed, the content developers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 General certificate of attendance
This site is supported on the most recent stable releases of the following browsers:
This site is supported on the following mobile devices:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or have received an error message, please send an email to CME@baptisthealth.net and include a print screen of the error message, your browser name and version, username and URL where the error occurred. You can expect a response within 48 hours.