Please join us for Vasculitis for the Internist with Dr. David J. Dillon as he classifies the ANCA-associated vasculitides and discusses their respective clinical features and pathology among many other aspects of this disease.
Internal Medicine Physicians, Physician Assistants, Residents, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Pharmacists and all other interested healthcare providers.
- Correlate the pathophysiology of vasculitis with the size and site of the blood vessel involvement in specific types of vasculitis.
- Identify temporal arteritis as an example of a large blood vessel disease and recognize its clinical features and pathology.
- Describe the clinical manifestations of polymyalgia rheumatica and discuss its association with temporal arteritis.
- Recognize polyarteritis nodosa as example of medium blood vessel vasculitis and describe its clinical features and pathology.
- Classify the ANCA-associated vasculitides and discuss their respective clinical features and pathology.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
David J. Dillon, M.D.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Baptist Health South Florida
Boca Raton, Florida
David J. Dillon, M.D., faculty for this educational event, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose, and his presentation will include discussion of off-label or unapproved usage.
John Rubin, M.D., director for this educational event, owns stock in AstraZeneca and Bristol Myers Squibb. He has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Kenneth Rosenthal, M.D., FACG, moderator for this educational event, indicated that he is on the Speaker’s Bureau for AbbVie, Inc. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual has been mitigated.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-855841, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Podiatry, Dentistry, Osteopathic Medicine and Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Athletic Trainers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy