The Multidisciplinary Gastrointestinal Cancer Tumor Board plays a critical role in the spectrum of cancer management of gastrointestinal malignancies, including diagnosis, staging, treatment and palliative care. A multidisciplinary team approach to care is fostered through peer-to-peer discussion and collaboration. The team discussion pertaining to diagnosis and treatment includes radiological and pathological findings and immunohistochemical testing to bridge gaps across the continuum of care and enhance the overall quality of patient-centered gastrointestinal cancer care.
Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Colorectal Surgeons, Pathologists, Gastroenterologists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Dietitians, Athletic Trainers, Patient Care Facilitators and all other personnel involved in the care of the gastrointestinal cancer patient.
- Implement the optimal course of treatment for patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
- Utilize multiple disciplinary approaches to determine diagnosis and treatment options, including radiological findings.
- Determine cancer staging using various imaging modalities of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Promote a multidisciplinary team approach by bridging gaps across the continuum of care in order to enhance the overall quality of patient-centered gastrointestinal cancer care.
- Discuss the emotional ramifications and psychosocial implications when appropriate.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Aurora Tiare Tekurio, RTT, moderator for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose, and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies – Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-884878, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and Florida Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs, Respiratory Therapists (direct delivery), Athletic Trainers and Social Workers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dietitians
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 0.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy