This activity addresses professional practice gaps relevant to physicians in the practice of cardiology. In addition, physicians that identify conditions and refer patients to a cardiovascular surgeon and those specialists to whom a cardiologist might refer for further evaluation or treatment.
Echo Lab Committee Members and participating staff
- Describe the roles of transesophageal echocardiography, stress echocardiography, 3-Dimensional echocardiography and contrast echocardiography in clinical practice.
- Examine new technologies in the field of echocardiography.
- Discuss current controversies in echocardiography.
- Apply echocardiographic best practices strategies in clinical practice for routine and complex cardiovascular disorders.
FACULTY AND DISCLOSURES:
Harry Aldrich, M.D.
Baptist, Doctors and South Miami Hospitals
Member, Baptist Health Quality Network
Dr. Aldrich, moderator of this educational activity, has no financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose. He will not include any references to off-label product discussions and recommendations.
Individuals participating in this CME activity will identify any references to off-label product discussions and recommendations.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships ineligible companies* to disclose.
*Ineligible Companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENTS AND CREDITS
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-556660, by the Florida Boards of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nursing. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing