Orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat conditions of the musculoskeletal system, which includes the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves. Orthopedists will discuss the etiology, mechanism of injury and assessment of various common sports-related injuries as well as describe surgical and non-surgical treatment options to injuries and how they relate to return-to-play criteria.
Orthopedists, Physician Assistants and Athletic Trainers.
• Discuss the etiology, mechanism of injury and assessment of various common sports related injuries.
• Describe surgical and non-surgical treatment options for these injuries.
• Implement new strategies for evaluation and treatment of the sports injury patient.
• Implement appropriate return to play criteria for common sports injuries to reduce risk of re-injury.
Pre-registration is required. Please log in to register.
FACULTY & DISCLOSURES:
John Zvijac, M.D.
Conference Director, Sports Medicine Conference Series
Baptist, South Miami, and Doctors Hospitals
John E. Zvijac, M.D., director and moderator for this educational event, is a consultant for Arthrex and J&J Mitek and has indicated that the presentations or discussions will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
Gautam Yagnik, M.D., moderator for this education event, is a consultant for Arthrex and Via Surgical. He is a speaker for Arthrex, and has indicated that the presentations or discussions will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
Fellows and Faculty, participating in the Sports Medicine Fellowship Program – To be Determined
Faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies* to disclose.
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy