MCI Radiation Oncology Grand Rounds – Using Genomics and Clinical Factors to Optimize Hormonal Therapy in High Risk Prostate Cancer
It is clinically challenging to integrate genomic-classifier results that report a numeric risk of recurrence into treatment recommendations for localized prostate cancer. Dr. Nguyen will review the data supporting the use of hormones with radiation for prostate cancer as well as the use of clinical and genomic factors to select hormonal therapy.
Live meeting only. Please register for Zoom link.
Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Oncology Surgeons and Radiologists
- Analyze the data supporting the use of hormones with radiation for prostate cancer.
- Identify the side effects of hormonal therapy.
- Implement the use of clinical and genomic factors to select hormonal therapy.
Paul L. Nguyen, M.D.
Professor and Vice-Chair for Clinical Research
Department of Radiation Oncology
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center
Harvard Medical School
Paul L. Nguyen, M.D., faculty for this educational event is a consultant with Bayer, Astellas, Blue Earth, Augmenix, Boston Scientific, Myovant, Medivation, Ferring, Cota, Nanobiotix and Dendreon. He has received research support from Janssen, Astellas and Bayer and has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-621028, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Pharmacy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.