CMS Principles of Documentation Guidelines
- Explain the key components of all E&M services.
- Distinguish a new patient from an established patient.
- Recognize medical necessity throughout the entire E&M documentation and code selection.
- Identify undercoding and overcoding as defined by CMS guidelines.
Tyling M. Batista, BSHA, CPC, CPCO, CPMA, CEMC
Manager, Documentation and Coding Improvement
Physician Coding and Documentation Improvement
Due to the non-clinical nature of the content discussed, the speakers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. This CME activity will not cover content that would involve products or services of commercial interests. Therefore, no opportunity exists for a conflict of interest based on the financial relationships of faculty and those persons in control of content. Since these relationships are not relevant, no disclosure information was collected.
Original Release Date: July 2016
Course Review Date: July 2021
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Athletic Training
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine