Mental Health Conference Series: Parkinson’s Disease: Behavioral and Other Non-motor Symptoms Management
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is considered a multisystemic neurodegenerative disorder that is characterized by a combination of motor and non-motor symptoms (NMS). The majority PD patients report one or more behavioral or NMS, including depression, anxiety, apathy, impulse control disorders, cognitive impairment, dementia and psychosis.
Please join us to hear Dr. Torres-Russotto discuss the importance of a comprehensive and multidisciplinary care team approach for PD. Through early recognition and appropriate management of behavioral and NMS in PD, clinicians can help improve and preserve the PD patient’s quality of life.
This course is offered Virtual only
Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers and other interested clinical care providers.
- Accurately define the multisystemic disorder of Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
- Utilize current diagnostic criteria and guidelines for PD.
- Identify the importance of a comprehensive and multidisciplinary care team for PD patients.
- Improve patients’ quality of life through early recognition and management of behavioral and non-motor symptoms in PD .
Diego R. Torres-Russotto, M.D., FAAN
Chair of Neurology, Chief of Movement Disorders
Neurology Residency Program Director
Miami Neuroscience Institute
Baptist Health South Florida
Clinical Professor, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Neurological Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Diego R. Torres-Russotto, M.D., faculty for this educational activity, is a consultant for AbbVie, Acorda, Ipsen, Neurocrine, Revance, Sunovion and Teva; is on the speakers' bureau for AbbVie, Acorda, Ipsen, Neurocrine and Teva; and receives grant/research support from Ipsen, Merz and Revance. He has indicated that the presentation or discussion will not include off-label or unapproved product usage. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for this individual have been mitigated.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies.*
*Ineligible Companies - Companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-840636, by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.