Dental Oncology Conference Series – Treatment and Management of Radiation Patients
Osteoradionecrosis (ORN) is a well-known but uncommon side effect of radiation therapy (RT) for head and neck cancer, related to mandibular dose and risk of future dental extractions. Dr. Kase will discuss how to assess patients who would benefit most from contemporary treatment modalities in head and neck radiation. He will also discuss how to appropriately treat patients post-radiation.
Primary Care Physicians, Dentists, Otolaryngologists, Gastroenterologists, Radiologists, Medical Oncologists, Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, Surgeons, Pathologists, Hospitalists and Nurses.
- Implement contemporary treatment modalities in head and neck radiation.
- Assess appropriate patients who would benefit from radiation to the head and neck.
- Execute post-radiation treatment plans for patients.
Michael T. Kase, DMD
Assistant Director, Advanced Education in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
Section of Oral Oncology
Assistant Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Kirklin Clinic at UAB
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Michael T. Kase, DMD, indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Baptist Health South Florida is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Baptist Health has been re-surveyed by the ACCME and awarded Commendation for 6 years as a provider of CME for physicians.
Baptist Health South Florida designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1 credit hour, CE Broker Course #20-693309 , by the Florida Boards of Medicine, Dentistry, Osteopathic Medicine and by the Florida Council of Physician Assistants.
This activity has also been approved for 1 credit hour for Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. Baptist Health South Florida CE Broker Provider #50-182.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance
- 1.00 Florida Board of Dentistry
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
Preregistration is required to receive the login information.
- Please register for the CME webinar to receive confirmation of your registration.
- After your registration is confirmed you will receive an email directly from Zoom, our webinar host. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure delivery.
Continuing Education Credits
In order to confirm your participation in a live webinar and claim credit, please:
- Provide your full name and email address when you register for the webinar.
- Complete the post-conference evaluation and attestation form, which will be emailed to you after the activity.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, it is recommended that your computer meet the minimum system requirements. Visit the Zoom Rooms page for system requirements and recommendations. Please plan to connect to the webinar transmission 15 minutes prior to the start time to test your connectivity.
You can test your connection to Zoom prior to the scheduled time by visiting Zoom Help Center. If you have technical difficulties accessing a webinar, please first consult our Zoom Rooms and troubleshooting tips. If your system meets these parameters, for technical assistance, call 888-799-9666.