Faculty development (FD) has been defined as a planned program to prepare institutions and faculty members for their roles in the areas of teaching, research, administration and career management. This course will provide the framework for GME faculty in residency training.
GME faculty including: Family Medicine Practitioners, Cardiologists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Surgeons, Hospitalists, Obstetricians/Gynecologists, Nephrologists, Hematologists/Oncologists, Infectious Disease Specialists, Gastroenterologists, Neurologists, ENTs, Ophthalmologists, Urologists, Pulmonologists, Critical Care Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Medical Students, Residents, Fellows and other interested healthcare professionals.
- Implement strategies to enhance faculty academic competencies in the areas of teaching research, communication, professional development technology, management/administrative, personal/career development and clinical skills.
- Develop scholarly activities in the areas of teaching, research and career development.
Faculty & disclosure:
Suzanne Minor, M.D. FAAFP
Director of Clinical Faculty Development
Office of Medical Education
Florida International University
Suzanne Minor, M.D., has indicated that she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose and that her discussion will not include mention of investigational or off-label usage.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development, and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Florida Board of Nursing
- 1.00 Nurse Practitioners
- 1.00 Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- 1.00 Florida Board of Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- 1.00 General certificate of attendance