Primary Care Online Series (Multiple Modules)
The primary care practitioner has the important responsibility to diagnose and manage patients with every category of ailment, injury and disease. This online series will provide practical, evidence-based strategies to strengthen healthcare competencies in multiple specialties. Specialists will explain recent advances in diagnosis, management and treatment related to multiple topics including cholesterol, abnormal menstrual bleeding, women’s health, atrial fibrillation, collagen vascular diseases, nutrition and fatty liver disease from the primary care provider's perspective.
This series will continue to be updated with additional topics to meet your educational needs, so please visit this page frequently for additional online courses.
- When assessing the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation which type of patient needs to be anticoagulated?
- When managing cholesterol utilizing statin therapy, what is the recommended LDL target goal for patients' coronary artery disease?
- Which wine has the highest level of phenolic content?
- Can patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease be placed on statin therapy for hyperlipidemia?
- Complaints of abnormal vaginal bleeding by women account for what percentage of visits to a gynecological practice?
Instructions: Select topic below to view additional details and to enroll.
|Course Topics and Faculty||Credits|
Jorge R. Caso, M.D., MPH
|Hormone Replacement Therapy: Today! Not Yesterday!*|
Randy A. Fink, M.D., FACOG
|Living With HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases*|
Lorraine M. Dowdy, D.O., FACP
|Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease*|
Seth Rosen, M.D.
|*Indicates course approved for ABIM MOC credits and|
recorded at the Primary Care Focus Symposium.
Family physicians, general internists, hospitalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, dietitians and respiratory therapists.
See individual module pages for faculty titles and disclosure information.
This online course bundle includes highlights from the 2017 and 2018 Annual Primary Care Focus Symposium.
PRIMARY CARE FOCUS SYMPOSIUM PLANNER
A. Ruben Caride, M.D., has indicated that neither he nor his spouse/partner has relevant financial relationships with commercial interest companies, and he will not include off-label or unapproved product usage in his presentation or discussion.
Non-faculty contributors and others involved in the planning, development and editing/review of the content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
See individual course pages for applicable credits and accreditations.